5. My feelings live right on the shiny, reflective surface. When I’m great or good or bad everyone in my proximity gets to know about it. YOU’RE WELCOME. This can be sucky, of course, and is deeply un-Capricorn of me (I’m very invested in my more rules-y, business-y, pragmatic streak, which runs through my life like a way-thick line via full-size Sharpie, too) BUT I think is just true of basically all creative peeps. Anyway I realized this week I’m getting better and better at telling my sad-ish, irritated, selfish, low-moment self that my excited, content, happy self is like one or two thoughts away, so why not try that out for a sec? And it usually works? This is probably 100% obvious to most people but I think as a writer-person I might have a tiny tendency to inflate a sad moment like a bouncy castle and hop around in it for a minute when I should just be like “girl no.” And, as a happy person, I mostly have a positive mental attitude anyway but learning more and more about how *I* am in charge of my feelings at every moment is just the very best.
4. How everyone in New York was tweeting their too-cute weather report (“wintry mix”)
3. Nashville “winter finale” minus all the Deacon parts but especially all the Juliette parts and especially-especially the Juliette and Avery parts
2. I get to see my mom today <3333
1. Queen B’s middle-of-the-night album (album on album, really) drop. Precedents are new-ening in like six different directions. And you guys. It’s called BEYONCÉ. When this happened I was listening to last week’s ep of The Read podcast with Kid Fury and Crissle, which would be in my DJ KC Carraway’s Top Five of podcasts any day of the week of the month of the year of the decade of the century, and which is basically a podcast about Bey, so pretty sure magic is real.